Sunday 31 May 2015

Me Made May '15 Day 25 to 31 in Review

May has wizzed past in a blur of thinking about and choosing "Me Made" garments to wear, daily photo taking, editing and uploading to Flickr. Here is what I wore for the last week of May:

Day 25




The start of the working week. This was a new outfit sewn over the weekend. Both are patterns I have made before, but work well for me. The top is a Tilly and the Buttons Coco Tunic (longer than the top, but shorter than the dress) in a cream ponte with a funnel neck. The pants are Style Arc Elle pants that I have tweaked further for a better fit, in brown stretch bengaline.

Day 26



Tuesday wearing New Look 6071 dress in purple ponte. The scarf has the dual purpose of keeping me warm and hiding the rather low cut neckline of this dress, making it more work appropriate.

Day 27



Wednesday and looking exhausted after a day at work and the weekly grocery shopping. Arrived home after dark so had to take an indoor photo with artificial lighting. I am wearing McCalls 6163 wrap dress in cotton/spandex jersey. Sorry that you can't see much of it but I needed the cardigan. It's getting cold.

Day 28



On my way to work wearing Style Arc Nina Cardigan in purple jersey, Style Arc Issy Top in poly jersey and my brand new Colette Mabel skirt in black ponte. This skirt was way too tight at the start of May, but fits ok now.

Day 29



Friday and the last day of the working week. Wearing a refashioned ponte skirt with Style Arc Terry Tie Cardigan.

Day 30



Saturday spent cleaning out the garage and taking rubbish to the tip. Wearing some old and shabby "Me Mades" a blue ponte Sewaholic Renfrew and black stretch bengaline Style Arc Elle Pants.

Day 31



Sad to say Sunday is the last day of Me Made May. I spent the day sewing and enjoying the company of my daughter who was visiting. Wearing another Tilly and the Buttons Coco Tunic in pink fleece. This one was only finished today. It's lovely and cosy, and matches my pink slippers perfectly. The jeans are RTW and I'm pleased to say I can finally fit back into them.

It has become glaringly obvious that I love sewing with ponte and stretch bengaline. Maybe I should become a little more adventurous and try some more challenging fabrics? I need some warmer clothes for winter which officially starts tomorrow, so I will be working on that. I have managed to wear Me Made Garments everyday for the entire month and some days, two or even three garments. I have also made good with the other part of my pledge about losing weight so my Me Made clothes fit more comfortably, managing to lose 4.3kg (9.5 lbs) and my waistbands are feeling much better.

Me Made May has been wonderful for recharging the sewing mojo. I have enjoyed seeing what everyone has been wearing, and have been so inspired. Huge thanks to Zoe for hosting Me Made May! Looking forward to next year.


Happy Sewing

18 comments:

  1. You have had a fantastic month and I am really thinking about the Coco pattern as yours are looking so good.

    Agree it has made May a bit of a whirlwind, but the one about it, you soon learn what your wardrobe is missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I do love the shape and the fit of the Coco. I have another one cut out and ready to sew.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your MMM success and your weight loss! Days 27 and 28 are my favorites, but everyday you look so smart and put together. You have made a wonderful wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments Kelly. Although my May was very busy, I did achieve what I set out to do.

      Delete
  3. You have so many great outfits! The Coco really does look great on you. You've done a very good job of documenting your May, and sharing really inspiring pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melwyk. I have enjoyed participating in Me Made May, and following along with the other participants. I'm flattered that you find my pictures inspiring.

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely stunning outfits! Even your "taking out the rubbish" outfit is stylish! Congratulations on such as successful Me Made May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your two new Tilly tunics - they do look smart. I don't think there is anything wrong with working with fabrics that suit your lifestyle and wardrobe needs - on the contrary, it makes sound sense. Your whole wardrobe looks smart and very wearable, work or casual, so I think you have found the fabrics that work for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. I do like to use fabrics that are easy care and practical. I don't have time for hand washing, or taking things to the dry cleaners.

      Delete
  6. You have some really great outfits and in lovely colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. I do love a bit of colour in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  7. You always look so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great me-made May! It was a pleasure to see what you were wearing every day. You have some lovely pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pieces and styled so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind comment Dorothy DotDot.

      Delete