My very generous friend gave me a bag of clothing to go through before sending it to the goodwill. I found this tunic/dress made from a beautiful silky viscose with a lovely drape.
|Original rtw garment|
|The armscyes were huge and not bra friendly.|
|Front and back cut on fold. I reshaped the neckline.|
Unfortunately, there was not enough fabric to pattern match the side seams. I did make sure to centre the black spots on both the centre front and centre back.
I opted to keep the black band around the bottom of the top, as it was in the tunic. This created a neat fit at the hips, allowing the fabric to drape loosely around the body.
This has been a useful addition to my wardrobe and it feels good to breathe new life into an otherwise unwearable garment.