Sunday 16 November 2014

Another Tropical Scout Woven Tee

Here is Tropical Scout Woven Tee number two.


This is exactly the same as my previous Tropical Scout Woven Tee. The fabric is a very bright tropical print spun rayon purchased from Spotlight. I noticed that Sew Busy Lizzy used this exact same fabric for her second Holly Jumpsuit, By Hand London. She described the fabric as "This is a very soft drapey rayon… feels like heaven – looks like a Hawaiian riot!" which I found quite amusing. I tend to be drawn to bright colours and it hadn't even occurred to me that this print may be a bit over the top.


I am wearing it here with my navy Style Arc Elle Pants. These have been a great match and I have worn this outfit a lot already.


I travelled over to Perth last week to visit my daughter and grandson and I managed to pack only me made clothes (except for one pair of Capri jeans and underwear). I felt this was quite an achievement and made me realise just how much of my wardrobe I am sewing myself.


The photo above was taken at the top of Lesmurdie Falls overlooking the city of Perth. We had a lovely morning hiking down to the bottom of the falls and then back up to the top. 

I did manage a quick visit to Spotlight at Rockingham, but was a little disappointed with the choice of fabrics. I picked up a couple of pieces of a linen/cotton blend which I am planning to make Vogue 1382, and an outrageously bright floral print scuba knit, which I have yet to decide what to make. I also got a Buttersuede in khaki which will match my Style Arc Stacie Jeans Jacket beautifully. I'm thinking of making this into a skirt. Back to work tomorrow and hopefully, back to sewing very soon.


Happy sewing

19 comments:

  1. Bright prints suit you beautifully. This Scout is a cracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paola. I do feel comfortable wearing bright colours so I feel they must suit me.

      Delete
  2. This top fits you so well! The print isn't over the top at all imo. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely top - love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeaJay. I loved the print as soon as I saw it in Spotlight.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoyed Perth. I grew up on the Kalamunda side of Lesmurdie Falls so that view is very familiar to me. Your outfit looks great and perfect for travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan. I did enjoy my visit to Perth and managed to see some of the sights, as well as catching up with my Daughter and Grandson. Perth is quite different to the East Coast.

      Delete
  5. Lovely summery top and you can have so much fun with what your wear with it as the weather warms up. Love the fit of your Scout Woven Tee's I think I need to check out this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I did make a few alterations to get the fit right, but it wasn't too hard.

      Delete
  6. Love your top! Very flattering fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. The original shape of the Scout is a little boxy so I tried to make it a little more flattering.

      Delete
  7. Love this! And the print is most definitely not too much :)
    I'm still so impressed how well you've gotten the Scout to fit. Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Carrie. Glad you like the print too.

      Delete
  8. Not over the top at all. Your Scout is a beautiful shape and looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great in that riotous Hawaiian print! How funny that you were in Perth, I hope you enjoyed your stay here. Spotlight is so hit and miss. You never know if you're going to find some gems, or nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn. I did enjoy my stay in Perth. I have found that not all Spotlights are the same. I was hoping to get to visit Knitwit but it ended up being too much of a hassle with a toddler in tow, as it was a long way from where I was staying in Baldivis.

      Delete
  10. This is my first time here. I like what I see. The hawaiian print is perfect for summer. Living in Hawaii I wear bright colors too.

    Thanks for sharing

    Aloha from Josie

    ReplyDelete