Sunday 29 May 2016

Me Made May 16, Week Four Round Up.

If you haven't been following my daily photo's on Instagram @sewjeanmargaret, here is is quick recap of week four:

Day Twenty Two: Sunday


Spent the afternoon in my sewing room wearing Style Arc Adele Top with V-neck modification, and Style Arc navy Elle pants.

Day Twenty Three: Monday


Off to work wearing Vogue 1250 in a printed jersey with a Style Arc Nina Cardigan in red jersey.

Day Twenty Four: Tuesday


Wearing Style Arc Terry Tie Cardigan in grey ponte over a Grainline Studio Archer Shirt in white cotton voile, and a Style Arc Fay Skirt in a printed scuba knit. I tried to tie the navy, grey and white colour scheme together with the necklace. I don't think I will wear this combination again as the grey just doesn't quite work. I do like the shape of the outfit though...need to make another Terry Tie Cardigan in a more complementary colour. 

Day Twenty Five: Wednesday


Wearing a mashup of Tilly and the Buttons Coco tunic with a Sewaholic Renfrew cowl neckline, in an acrylic knit over a merino Plantain Tee for warmth. The pants are Style Arc Barb pants with boot cut flare in navy stretch bengaline.

Day Twenty Six: Thursday


Wearing Style Arc Terry Tie Cardigan in grey ponte and a Colette Mabel Skirt in purple ponte with a colourful rtw scarf to brighten up this miserable wet day.

Day Twenty Seven: Friday


Last day of the working week. Wearing Style Arc Andrea Vest in a multicoloured wool blend, a Deer and Doe Plantain Tee in dragonfruit merino knit and Style Arc Barb pants in black stretch bengaline.

Day Twenty Eight: Saturday


Housework this morning and sewing this afternoon. Wearing Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee in white cotton lycra and Style Arc Elle pants in teal stretch bengaline. Cardigan and scarf are rtw.

Only a few days left now till the end of May. I will report back next week with my thoughts on Me Made May 16.

Happy Sewing.

17 comments:

  1. I think you're being too critical about the grey Terry Tie not being right with the scuba print. To my eye at least in the photo it goes well with the small starburst pattern, but also remember that we're not supposed to be too matchy these days!
    You consistently look chic and polished--well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy for your lovely comment. I know we are not supposed to be too matchy these days, but I was always taught to match your shoes and handbag and I do struggle to let go of this concept.

      Delete
  2. Did you lower the neckline of the Kirsten tee? I really like the shape of the cardigan on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I did lower the neck line of the Kirsten Kimono tee by 5cm.

      Delete
  3. Love seeing all your outfits during May and how they get worn everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I also enjoyed seeing how every one was wearing their me mades on a daily basis.

      Delete
  4. Your MeMadeMay wardrobe has been stunning! I love your style and colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Kathy...you say the loveliest things.

      Delete
  5. Very successful MMMay. I agree with Wendy on the Terry Tie cardigan with the skirt. I think it has a very classic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rhonda. I do love the shape of the Terry Tie cardigan, especially with a pencil skirt. I should make some more.

      Delete
  6. Love all your jewel colour combinations, you've sewn a great wardrobe. Congratulations on your MMM efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paola for your great comment. I do love a bit of colour.

      Delete
  7. I've really enjoyed your posts over the last month. You have made such a wonderful and inspirational wardrobe of comfortable but smart separates. I must try and follow your example and put a few more ponte and knit garments in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do favour knit garments because they are comfortable and practical to wear, easy to launder and require very little ironing if any. Thank you for your kind words Sarah Liz.

      Delete
  8. I am enjoying your outfits during the whole month of May. You look great in all your handmade garments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete