Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Polka Dot Grainline Studio Moss Skirt

Grainline Studio Moss Skirt
This is my second time making the Grainline Studio Moss Skirt, and it has been a long time in the making. For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you might remember me posting this half made skirt as my "ufo" in "Sewvember 2016" and it had been hanging around my sewing room for a couple of years before that. I was finally prompted to finish it in November 2016 only to discover that it was too small (not that I was too big, of course) and so it was put in the naughty corner again for another 12 months. I came across it again, last November and decided to try it on as I had lost a few kilos. To my delight, it fitted. All I had to do was sew on the hook and bar and it was finished.


As the making of this skirt has been stretched out over such a long period, all the details have escaped me. You can find my blog post on my first version here if you are interested. I do remember that I sized down for this one and cut a size 10.


The fabric is a cotton canvas from Spotlight, bought several years ago. I'm a little disappointed at how much it wrinkled in the photos. These were taken after a few hours of wear.



Despite being a fun little skirt, I have not worn it very much. I don't think it's the most flattering style on my figure, so I don't feel comfortable wearing it. I might feel different if I wore a loose untucked top (but then all the details of the skirt would be hidden). I probably will not make this pattern again, but I am glad to have finally finished this one.


Happy Sewing

Jean

7 comments:

  1. I like your skirt! It's one of the nicest Mosses I've seen. I've looked at this pattern many times too but like you I never wear anything tucked in so what would be the point to go through all the topstitching, fly etc. to just have it hidden under a to? I like yours though and you might discover you end up wearing it a lot more than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen. I will have to make an effort to wear it more.

      Delete
  2. How nice to have an object out of the UFO pile that didn't require unpicking. Its a lovely print, and a really fun skirt. I hope you wear it lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I don't usually have UFO's lying around, so it was great to get this one finished and into the wardrobe.

      Delete
  3. Super cute skirt!! Love the fabric and love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great news! And love hosting! Thanks for sharing this great information!
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    កាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete