Sunday 21 May 2017

Me Made May 2017 Week Three Roundup.

I have reached the end of week three of Me Made May and so far have managed to adhere to my pledge. It has been challenging, but I have come up with alternative ways to stay warm without using my black rtw cardigan (which I have come to realise that I rely on far too heavily). I have managed to cut out a black merino Style Arc Nina Cardigan which I hope to get sewn up during this week. If you haven't been following along on IG @sewjeanmargaret, here is a recap.

Day 15 Monday:


Off to work wearing Style Arc Twiggy Dress in scuba and ponte over a Deer and Doe Plantain tunic in merino knit.

Day 16 Tuesday:


Having a day off work to visit my father who is unwell in Wollongong. Wearing Grainline Studio Archer shirt in white cotton and Style Arc Stacie Jean Jacket in purple denim. Jeans are rtw from Just Jeans several years ago.

Day 17 Wednesday:


Back to work wearing Style Arc Esme Designer Knit Top in purple ponte with a Colette Mabel skirt in the same fabric. The pink top worn underneath is a Deer and Doe Plantain tee in merino.

Day 18 Thursday:


Another work day wearing Style Arc Mary Shift Dress in a jacquard double knit  with a Deer and Doe Plantain tee in merino, underneath.

Day 19 Friday:


Heading off to work wearing all Style Arc garments today. A Elsie Woven Over Shirt in navy and white polka dot rayon, Barb's Stretch Pants (with bootleg alteration) in midnight bengaline and a Nina Cardigan in navy merino. These are three of my favourite Style Arc patterns and together they make a great outfit. This was also my entry into the #StyleArcstreetstyle competition on IG.

Day 20 Saturday:


Planning to spend this miserable wet day in my sewing room. Wearing Tilly and the Buttons Coco tunic in pink fleece and rtw jeans.

Saturday Evening:



Date night wearing McCalls 6044 cardigan in red ponte and a Colette Mabel skirt in black ponte. 


Hubby got into the act too and wore a McCalls 6044 shirt in white linen.

Day 21 Sunday:


Digging deep into my handmade wardrobe and I found this dress. It's a New Look 6020 made way back in 2012. The fabric is a heavy weight cotton sateen and paired with my Style Arc Estelle Ponte Jacket in wool ponte, worked well for church this morning. I changed later into the same rtw jeans as yesterday with an old Sewaholic Renfrew top. Sorry, no photo.

Ten days to go till the end of Me Made May 2017. Off to start planning some more outfits.

Happy Sewing

Jean.

6 comments:

  1. Everything is BEAUTIFUL! What a lovely couple !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Style Arc was made for you!

    I really love that top and skirt combo. I think I'll have some of those for fall :) And you looked beautiful on date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nakisha. I do love Style Arc patterns. That top and skirt combo works surprisingly well and I would like to make more.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, like that last NL dress -- different from your style on other days. Another StyleArc lineup of hits for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melwyk. I made that dress back in 2012 to wear to a wedding. I hadn't been able to wear it for ages due to gaining weight, which I have only recently lost again. It feels great to be able to wear it again.

      Delete