Sunday 24 May 2015

Me Made May '15 Day 18 to 24 in Review

Me Made May is just so inspiring and great for boosting the sewing mojo. It's so interesting seeing what everyone else is wearing and great to see that everyone has developed their own unique style. Here is what I have been wearing over the past week:

Day 18


Monday and back to work. Wearing Style Arc Fay Skirt in mosaic print scuba knit and Style Arc Nina Cardigan in red jersey.

Day 19


Another busy day at work. Took this photo in a rush after work, before the light faded. Wearing Grainline Archer shirt in a fine blue gingham and Style Arc Barb Pants in navy stretch bengaline.

Day 20


Wednesday and heading off to work wearing McCalls 6844 cardigan in red ponte, and Style Arc Sara Skirt in black stretch bengaline.

Day 21


Work again. Wearing Tilly and the Buttons Coco Dress in navy and cream chevron striped ponte. Cardigan is RTW.

Day 22


Animal theme for Friday so I have included Ollie in the photo today. It's impossible to get him to look at the camera though! I'm wear Style Arc Barb Pants but the rest of my outfit is RTW.

Day 23


Saturday and a trip to the sewing shop for some supplies and the rest of the day spent in my sewing room (between the inevitable domestic duties). Wearing Style Arc Elle Pants in navy stretch bengaline and Grainline Archer in white cotton voile. The cardigan is RTW. I can't knit :(

Day 24


Sunday and another glorious day. Wearing Tilly and the Buttons Coco Dress in navy and cream ponte with red heart buttons.

Only one more week to go, and I have a new outfit for work tomorrow.

Happy Sewing

18 comments:

  1. Looking good! Day 20 is my fave :)

    I agree with your sentiments on MMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha. Looking forward to your next MMM post.

      Delete
  2. I love MMM too. Reading - not participating of course. Great round up of outfits. Day 22 looks like a picture out of better homes and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeaJay. I'm glad you are enjoying following along. It makes all the relentless photo taking worthwhile.

      Delete
  3. Next year I hope to be able to do MMM as well - it takes ages to get a wearable wardrobe, but I so enjoy watching your outfits. Love the work outfits - it's great to see nice me mades being worn to work proudly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to following you in MMM next year Sarah Liz. I'm sure you will find it a lot of fun. I have enjoyed wearing my Me Mades to work since I ditched my work uniform this time last year. It does require a bit of forward planning, but I enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Every day a winner! You really do have a wardrobe that's just for you. Lovely outfits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Ruth. I think I am still developing my style, but I have learned a lot over the past year and I am trying to make things that I will really wear and are suitable for my lifestyle.

      Delete
  5. You really inspire me, Jean. I've always shyed away from red jersey, but after seeing your two cardigans I'm buying some today! And your own garments outshine the RTW. At this rate it will be a few years before I can do a MMM but something to spire to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a compliment. Thank you so much Clare. I used to avoid wearing red too, until I discovered that a deeper (cooler) shade of red suits me. I avoid orange/reds and tomato red.

      Delete
  6. Love the scuba knit of your skirt - where did you get it from? Great outfits, i love how you have so many different looks, i tend to make a lot of the 'same' type of things, mainly cause its quick and easy and with young kids right now that suits me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Emma. There's nothing wrong with making similar patterns over and over. If they work for you, why not? Using different fabrics always changes the look. I bought the mosaic print scuba knit at Spotlight in Nowra last July. Thanks for your nice comment.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to tomorrow's outfit. Everything you've worn this week has been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Sue. I have enjoyed following you too and I am amazed at your extensive hand crafted wardrobe...including underwear and knitwear.

      Delete
  8. Another great week and I enjoy seeing your outfits put together, gets the thought process going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. There has been plenty of food for thought.

      Delete
  9. You've looked so good every day! May I say; I really love love love your red ponte cardigan. I think I need one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolyn. Your comments are very much appreciated.

      Delete